<$BlogRSDUrl$>

speak friend and enter

вторник, октября 02, 2007

An Unexpected Sentiment
Sukkot 2007

Its strange, this coming and going, of meetings and farewells, of being present and absernt all at once. Familiarity interposed with uncertainty; songs of silence, tears of joy, grace that's earned. Friends and strangers all rolled into one continuum. The face of Jesus in all we see, the mind of Christ leading us.

How is it that althought I'm "at home", I feel increasingly less at home? This gnawing feeling of increasing unbelonged-ness points things squarely home to the heart. I grow, we grow, I move, we move on, lives lived. We have all changed. But furthermore, cynicism and crustiness creep inevitably into our hearts and the crevices of our minds. How much is growth, and how much is a numbed heart? Why the longing for belonging, why standing to be understood?

Lives interconnected, intertwined, of unexpected serendipities, chance meetings and divine appointments. What does it mean? Do these things that fall into place have a greater design, a higher wisdom? Do I meet you out of obligation, chance or ordination, and what are the implications for each? What is the process for earning your wings?

There is something in this mirage, something waiting to be learnt. The breeze begins to blow, I know the Spirit's call. And it melts, it melts into his love.

Oh I Want To Know You More
Steve Fry

Just the time I feel that I’ve been caught in the mire of self.
Just the time I feel my mind’s been bought by worldly wealth.
That’s when the breeze begins to blow I know the Spirit’s call.
And all the worldly wanderings just melt into His love.

Oh I want to know You more. Deep within my soul I want to know You.
Oh I want to know You;
To feel Your heart and know Your mind, looking in Your eyes stirs up within me,
Cries that say I want to know You,
Oh I want to know You more, Oh I want to know You more.

When my daily needs ordinarily loses life and song.
My heart begins to bleed: sensitivity to Him is gone.
I’ve run the race but set my pace and face a shattered soul.
But the gentle arms of Jesus warm my hunger to be whole.


Oh I want to know You more. Deep within my soul I want to know You.
Oh I want to know You;
And I would give my final breath, to know You in Your death and resurrection
Cries that say I want to know You,
Oh I want to know You more, Oh I want to know You more.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Shymkent, Kazakhstan Singapore Hobart, Tasmania Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia Irkutsk, Siberia Sydney, New South Wales Austin, Texas Vientiane, Laos Nongkhai, Thailand Sapporo, Japan