About
Jermistry
- title in Elvish

- Xoomij listen
- All about Darjeeling

- Learn Hebrew- start with

- Vineyard Music
- "To You" (me on Irish Whistles)
- "Coogee Day" (JM on Kurzweil)
- NZ photoes
- Tassie photoes
- NY&VA photoes
- Монгол&Сибирь
- Kelong photoes
- Cellgroup Stuff
- James' Grad
- Yunnan Pix
Archives
- ноября 2003
- декабря 2003
- января 2004
- февраля 2004
- марта 2004
- апреля 2004
- мая 2004
- июня 2004
- июля 2004
- августа 2004
- сентября 2004
- октября 2004
- ноября 2004
- декабря 2004
- января 2005
- февраля 2005
- марта 2005
- апреля 2005
- мая 2005
- июня 2005
- июля 2005
- августа 2005
- сентября 2005
- октября 2005
- ноября 2005
- декабря 2005
- января 2006
- февраля 2006
- марта 2006
- апреля 2006
- мая 2006
- июня 2006
- июля 2006
- августа 2006
- сентября 2006
- октября 2006
- ноября 2006
- декабря 2006
- января 2007
- февраля 2007
- марта 2007
- апреля 2007
- мая 2007
- июня 2007
- июля 2007
- августа 2007
- сентября 2007
- октября 2007
- ноября 2007
- декабря 2007
- февраля 2008
speak friend and enter
пятница, октября 01, 2004
Happy Sukkot, Happy Children's Day, Happy China Day, Happy Feast of Tabernacles!
What alot of things happen on 1st October! Woohoo! Another busy weekend for me... two services to play at, an audition to sit in (haha... thankfully not the auditionee), two practices, and other stuff.
So its final (pretty much, as things go): I'm going to Mongolia, flying this wednesday night (6th Oct). What exactly I'll do there, I haven't the faintest idea, just gonna let God lead, and see what my hosts have up their Mongolian sleeves. I'll get some chance to meet with their uni students and share abit on worship and band dynamics and stuff, while picking up tips on Mongolian music. At least that's the idea. And I've been invited to a wedding (apparently), so its gonna be an eye-opener.
The trouble is, the weather's getting colder (look at the temperature tag for Ulan Bataar at the bottom of this page). By the time I'm there, it'll be well about Zero, with winter fast approaching. But it'll be exciting!
I'm hoping things will go smooth with my Russian visa, which is currently processing. If I get it, I'll well be on my way to Siberia sometime middle october! It will be totally exhilarating, not to mention insane and seemingly pointless. At least, I'll be in contact with two missionaries based there, and I've promised to call home daily (if possible) while in Irkutsk. The rest of the time, I'll be out at Lake Baikal, running around and having a ball! Haha. Hmmm... But let's wait and see. Better not count my chickens... Eggs are currently expensive.
So, its off to an extended retreat alone, up in the windy wastes of inner asia, learning about culture, praying over the future, hilarious, exhilarating and probably dangerous. One college submission down, three more to go. Lets see what happens next!
Remember we are mere travellers, pilgrims through a foreign land. Our shelter here on earth is temporary, and we possess the promise of eternal security! We pass through these shifting sands and are no more; as such, we celebrate the feast of tents! Happy Sukkot!
What alot of things happen on 1st October! Woohoo! Another busy weekend for me... two services to play at, an audition to sit in (haha... thankfully not the auditionee), two practices, and other stuff.
So its final (pretty much, as things go): I'm going to Mongolia, flying this wednesday night (6th Oct). What exactly I'll do there, I haven't the faintest idea, just gonna let God lead, and see what my hosts have up their Mongolian sleeves. I'll get some chance to meet with their uni students and share abit on worship and band dynamics and stuff, while picking up tips on Mongolian music. At least that's the idea. And I've been invited to a wedding (apparently), so its gonna be an eye-opener.
The trouble is, the weather's getting colder (look at the temperature tag for Ulan Bataar at the bottom of this page). By the time I'm there, it'll be well about Zero, with winter fast approaching. But it'll be exciting!
I'm hoping things will go smooth with my Russian visa, which is currently processing. If I get it, I'll well be on my way to Siberia sometime middle october! It will be totally exhilarating, not to mention insane and seemingly pointless. At least, I'll be in contact with two missionaries based there, and I've promised to call home daily (if possible) while in Irkutsk. The rest of the time, I'll be out at Lake Baikal, running around and having a ball! Haha. Hmmm... But let's wait and see. Better not count my chickens... Eggs are currently expensive.
So, its off to an extended retreat alone, up in the windy wastes of inner asia, learning about culture, praying over the future, hilarious, exhilarating and probably dangerous. One college submission down, three more to go. Lets see what happens next!
Remember we are mere travellers, pilgrims through a foreign land. Our shelter here on earth is temporary, and we possess the promise of eternal security! We pass through these shifting sands and are no more; as such, we celebrate the feast of tents! Happy Sukkot!