About
Jermistry
- title in Elvish

- Xoomij listen
- All about Darjeeling

- Learn Hebrew- start with

- Vineyard Music
- "To You" (me on Irish Whistles)
- "Coogee Day" (JM on Kurzweil)
- NZ photoes
- Tassie photoes
- NY&VA photoes
- Монгол&Сибирь
- Kelong photoes
- Cellgroup Stuff
- James' Grad
- Yunnan Pix
Archives
- ноября 2003
- декабря 2003
- января 2004
- февраля 2004
- марта 2004
- апреля 2004
- мая 2004
- июня 2004
- июля 2004
- августа 2004
- сентября 2004
- октября 2004
- ноября 2004
- декабря 2004
- января 2005
- февраля 2005
- марта 2005
- апреля 2005
- мая 2005
- июня 2005
- июля 2005
- августа 2005
- сентября 2005
- октября 2005
- ноября 2005
- декабря 2005
- января 2006
- февраля 2006
- марта 2006
- апреля 2006
- мая 2006
- июня 2006
- июля 2006
- августа 2006
- сентября 2006
- октября 2006
- ноября 2006
- декабря 2006
- января 2007
- февраля 2007
- марта 2007
- апреля 2007
- мая 2007
- июня 2007
- июля 2007
- августа 2007
- сентября 2007
- октября 2007
- ноября 2007
- декабря 2007
- февраля 2008
speak friend and enter
вторник, августа 24, 2004
τετελεσται - The Deed is done
I finally did it! woohoo! I submitted my monster of a thesis last friday to the registrars, a full day ahead of the deadline of 21 august. Simply relieved and thankful for having done so, I'm thankful for all the sweet souls who've put up with my ranting and ravings which the process squeezed out of me.
It sure is something I'll miss- late nights/mornings at the lab, driving home down the empty expressway at 4:30am from a full night's work, sitting in the anechoic chamber, listening to the ringing in my ears and blood gushing through my head with each heart pump. The quiet and stillness. It can be sooo quiet. Too quiet. I'll miss popping by the various labs and making myself a nuisance, asking for diamond paste and vacuum pumps, getting cast iron fixtures fabricated, calling up suppliers for slow-casting resins. Not to mention the exhilaration of making my cash claims from department and waiting months for the bureacratic machine to move its muscle. I'll miss walking to tutorial lessons to give answers away to bored students, as well as crashing lectures for the fun of it. Rummaging through the library and on-line resources to find the english translation of soviet articles written in the height of the coldwar. Amazing grace and provision from above!
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, comign down from the Farther of Lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17
Lush walks on the rooftops of engineering in the sunset, in the morning mist, in the wee hours under the starlight; the waxing and waning moon, the cold glitter of venus and the reddish speck which is mars. Meditations in the wind, the drizzle, lightning and thunder. Smell of the sea when the breeze picks up. The solitary eagle flying over kent ridge; pigeons cooing in some unseen ledge. Postures of prayer, dance, cartwheels, veneration, worship. Flights of the soul, delighting in the abundance of the House, drinking from the River. Unexpected meeting of lives there; other roof-seekers. The shofar sounds. Declarations of liberty! (jubilee- ywbl, derives from ram- ywbl, an allusion to the ram's horn blown to announce jubilee!)
I'll miss chats with my profs- chats about music, performance practice, comparisons of hebrew and arabic, bits of italian cropping up here and here, xoomij, university policies, and always being offered a banana from a brown envelope. Molto grazi!
With the resources of time and monies on my hand, this was pretty much a highly highly productive time, during which our church started off a new service, and I fronted the main band and raised up another band in the process, while juggling sunday morning service. Lotsa grace and provision from God! Z3 did outreaches and concerts, in addition to weekly services at snl. I was involved weekly with spirit wind jam session at the Y, as well as fortnightly jams at sheryl's; bible studies at KH's every other week. Visited NZ, NY, VA, Tassie, Melb in the process. Hosted friends from germany, ghana, china and puerto rico. Involved through two metamorphosis camps, two YI camps, attempted a mongolia mission trip, a missions conference, Alive! conference, contributed to an album (Burn project), played for shavuot (pentecost) concerts, ministered alongside anointed worship leaders and teachers. Collaborated a session at TAGS with a movement artist, and performed at the NUS museums. God has been sooo faithful, and merciful.
Need all the wisdom in planning my next step. I remember two years ago fresh out of graduation I was praying my next step and this masters-with-a-research-scholarship-on-a-totally-cool-title-that-i-proposed came along. I was reading a book entitled "if you want to walk on water you've got to get out of the boat", which was definitely the longest book title i've seen. How often do you get to study on musical acoustics with a cryogenic slant, and get paid in the process? heh! Its gotta be only God!
Questions, uncertainties and fallacies. Need to stand upon the Rock who is higher than I, whose firm hand surrounds me. He is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing. He makes me to lie down in green pastures, leads me by still waters, always restoring my soul, leading me in paths of righteousness, for His name's sake. I may walk through the valley of the shadow of death (mere shadows!) and will fear no evil because of His company, his presence. His rod and his staff comfort me. He will prepare a table abundantly, yet, in the presence of my enemies (yes, i'm guaranteed, and allowed to keep some!). He has anointed me with oil, his Holy Spirit, and my cup overflows in abundance. Goodness and Love and mercy will hotly pursue me (that's the connotation in the hebrew) all the days of my life and of all those who love Him, and I will dwell in His House forever, Him, who is the person which is Love. Amen!
I finally did it! woohoo! I submitted my monster of a thesis last friday to the registrars, a full day ahead of the deadline of 21 august. Simply relieved and thankful for having done so, I'm thankful for all the sweet souls who've put up with my ranting and ravings which the process squeezed out of me.
It sure is something I'll miss- late nights/mornings at the lab, driving home down the empty expressway at 4:30am from a full night's work, sitting in the anechoic chamber, listening to the ringing in my ears and blood gushing through my head with each heart pump. The quiet and stillness. It can be sooo quiet. Too quiet. I'll miss popping by the various labs and making myself a nuisance, asking for diamond paste and vacuum pumps, getting cast iron fixtures fabricated, calling up suppliers for slow-casting resins. Not to mention the exhilaration of making my cash claims from department and waiting months for the bureacratic machine to move its muscle. I'll miss walking to tutorial lessons to give answers away to bored students, as well as crashing lectures for the fun of it. Rummaging through the library and on-line resources to find the english translation of soviet articles written in the height of the coldwar. Amazing grace and provision from above!
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, comign down from the Farther of Lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17
Lush walks on the rooftops of engineering in the sunset, in the morning mist, in the wee hours under the starlight; the waxing and waning moon, the cold glitter of venus and the reddish speck which is mars. Meditations in the wind, the drizzle, lightning and thunder. Smell of the sea when the breeze picks up. The solitary eagle flying over kent ridge; pigeons cooing in some unseen ledge. Postures of prayer, dance, cartwheels, veneration, worship. Flights of the soul, delighting in the abundance of the House, drinking from the River. Unexpected meeting of lives there; other roof-seekers. The shofar sounds. Declarations of liberty! (jubilee- ywbl, derives from ram- ywbl, an allusion to the ram's horn blown to announce jubilee!)
I'll miss chats with my profs- chats about music, performance practice, comparisons of hebrew and arabic, bits of italian cropping up here and here, xoomij, university policies, and always being offered a banana from a brown envelope. Molto grazi!
With the resources of time and monies on my hand, this was pretty much a highly highly productive time, during which our church started off a new service, and I fronted the main band and raised up another band in the process, while juggling sunday morning service. Lotsa grace and provision from God! Z3 did outreaches and concerts, in addition to weekly services at snl. I was involved weekly with spirit wind jam session at the Y, as well as fortnightly jams at sheryl's; bible studies at KH's every other week. Visited NZ, NY, VA, Tassie, Melb in the process. Hosted friends from germany, ghana, china and puerto rico. Involved through two metamorphosis camps, two YI camps, attempted a mongolia mission trip, a missions conference, Alive! conference, contributed to an album (Burn project), played for shavuot (pentecost) concerts, ministered alongside anointed worship leaders and teachers. Collaborated a session at TAGS with a movement artist, and performed at the NUS museums. God has been sooo faithful, and merciful.
Need all the wisdom in planning my next step. I remember two years ago fresh out of graduation I was praying my next step and this masters-with-a-research-scholarship-on-a-totally-cool-title-that-i-proposed came along. I was reading a book entitled "if you want to walk on water you've got to get out of the boat", which was definitely the longest book title i've seen. How often do you get to study on musical acoustics with a cryogenic slant, and get paid in the process? heh! Its gotta be only God!
Questions, uncertainties and fallacies. Need to stand upon the Rock who is higher than I, whose firm hand surrounds me. He is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing. He makes me to lie down in green pastures, leads me by still waters, always restoring my soul, leading me in paths of righteousness, for His name's sake. I may walk through the valley of the shadow of death (mere shadows!) and will fear no evil because of His company, his presence. His rod and his staff comfort me. He will prepare a table abundantly, yet, in the presence of my enemies (yes, i'm guaranteed, and allowed to keep some!). He has anointed me with oil, his Holy Spirit, and my cup overflows in abundance. Goodness and Love and mercy will hotly pursue me (that's the connotation in the hebrew) all the days of my life and of all those who love Him, and I will dwell in His House forever, Him, who is the person which is Love. Amen!