<$BlogRSDUrl$>

speak friend and enter

понедельник, марта 15, 2004

Yay!

i'm out of the tonsilitis phase, and back to picking up momentum on research. It feels terrible getting back to the frenetic pace I was getting used to.

I just sent the Penn State fellas off at the airport this morning... was with them until 530... unearthly hour. Ps Mark, Kiong and Vincent stayed on to send another short term missions persons off at 7am... I couldn't stay... had to come to lab to do another run at 9am. And I needed some shut eye. I guess I'm gonna miss the Penn State team- good heart, humble spirit.

They're quite a fascinating bunch... firstly they're from a campus church at Penn State University, which is a really different way of functioning. I mean, as a church, having a turnover of members every few years must be a challenge. Leadership team changes too, although some do stay back to serve, its not common. Anyways, the team that came over (5 guys, plus two wives!) is a mixture graduated-but-staying-around-to-serve, graduating-and-looking-at-graduate-school and the sort. About three of them are entrepreneurs, working at this really interesting company thingy (check it out here) they founded. Somehow it gives them good reason to stay around at State College.

Well, I don't suppose I'd see them again in a hurry. But it did kinda stir up that raw passion and hunger for pure unadulterated agenda-less worship i seem to have neglected in a while. And that's good... i need to do that.

And yay, i've got a new niece, pairing nicely to go w Abel who's tumbling all around the house now... haha.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Shymkent, Kazakhstan Singapore Hobart, Tasmania Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia Irkutsk, Siberia Sydney, New South Wales Austin, Texas Vientiane, Laos Nongkhai, Thailand Sapporo, Japan